Gaming on a smartphone can be a great time, but it can also be a frustrating one. Phones are capable of running amazing games, but they’re often held back by a lack of available screen estate, or a bad connection. That’s where WIFI extenders come in.
They’re accessories that give you another WIFI connection, so you can play your favorite games on a bigger screen. Even if you play on a laptop or desktop PC, a WIFI extender can help you conserve battery life and increase your gaming capability.
This article covers everything you need to know about How To Use A WIFI Extender For Gaming: An Expert’s Guide.
What is a WIFI Extender?
A WIFI extender is an accessory that connects to your router and creates a second WIFI network. You then connect your devices to the second network, which “extends” your WIFI coverage. This is a great option if you want to increase your WIFI coverage at home or in a smaller office.
Having a second network helps if you have a bad connection, or if the wifi in your location is limited. It also allows you to save battery life on your devices, since they don’t have to constantly search for a wifi signal.
A wifi extender can either be a dongle that plugs into your router, or an extender that you place between your router and your devices. Both types come in a range of sizes and prices, so find the one that best fits your needs.
Why Use a WIFI Extender for Gaming?
WIFI extenders are great for gaming, and they can help you increase your gaming capabilities. If you’re playing on a smartphone, it’s possible that the wifi signal is not strong enough to support a good connection. A WIFI extender can help solve this problem.
They also help with battery life because they don’t have to search for wifi signals constantly. This means you can have a longer gaming session, or play more games on one charge before needing to recharge.
It also means that your battery won’t drain as quickly if you connect your phone to the WIFI extender and leave it plugged in. You can also use it when you’re at home or in an office with poor connections, and still get access to the same content as everyone else in the same space.
This is especially useful if you want to play on a bigger screen or save battery life by connecting your phone or laptop directly to the router without using an extender.
How To Use A WIFI Extender For Gaming: Unboxing & Setup Guide
If you want to use a WIFI extender for gaming, here are all of the steps that you need to take:
- 1) Connect your devices to the second network
- 2) Download and install software onto each device
- 3) Find an open network
- 4) Connect devices back
- 1) Set up your WIFI extender: You’ll need to connect your WIFI extender to a router that has the same name as your first network. This means you’ll need to make sure that the router and extender are connected to the same ISP, or use a bridge router if they aren’t. If they are connected to different ISPs, then you’ll need to change the settings on both devices so they can communicate with each other. To do this, you’ll have to find the setting on your router that allows it to communicate with other routers, and then change it so that it can connect with another device.
- 2) It will look something like this: If you can see an option for “WPS” in the above image, then press and hold down the WPS button on both devices until a green light appears. Then release both buttons at once. If there isn’t an option for WPS, then you’ll have to look through all of the settings on your router and find one which says something similar like “WDS” or “WEP.”
- 3) Download & Install Software: After setting up your extender, download and install software onto each device (phone/laptop/tablet). The software will help you connect both devices together when connecting them back after setup is complete.
- 4) Find an open network: Once installation is complete, find an open WIFI network in your area. It doesn’t have to be open all the time, but it should be open enough that you can connect back to it when you’re done playing. Make sure your phone or laptop isn’t connected to any other WIFI networks at the same time!
- 5) Connect devices back: Once you find an open network, make sure that both devices are connected back to it. In order for these devices to communicate with each other, they must be connected through the extender.
Once your device is connected back, go ahead and play away! You can even use the same WIFI network you used for setup, which means that you won’t have to worry about the extender interfering with your gameplay.
How Does a WiFi Extender Work?
When you want to add a second, or “extended,” WIFI connection, you’ll plug a WIFI extender into your router. This allows you to use one WIFI network, while creating a second one. You can do this with either a dongle type of WIFI extender, or with an extender kit that comes with mounting brackets. Once you’ve connected it to your router, you’ll then connect both of your devices to the extender network.
This allows the extender to “extend” your WIFI coverage, and connect to the internet through both networks. There are many different types of WIFI extenders, so it’s worth reading through reviews and shopping around. We recommend getting a WIFI extender that offers more than 2 or 5GHz channels for best results. Higher-frequency channels have less interference, so you can get a faster connection.
Which WIFI Extender for Gaming?
As gamers, you need a WIFI extender that offers the best possible connection and speed. That’s why we’re focusing on these types of WIFI extenders in this article. Let’s take a look at the best WIFI extenders for gaming.
- ASUS-1000: This is an excellent WIFI extender with both 2.4 and 5GHz channels. It also has a dual-band capability, allowing you to use one network for wireless devices, while the second one is used for your internet connection. This gives you the best possible speed and connection, and also saves on battery life. It also comes with Asus WIFI app support, allowing you to manage your extender from your phone or tablet.
- Ezviz-N300W: If you’re looking for a budget WIFI extender, this is one of the best values around. It offers 2.4 and 5GHz channels, has six external antennas, and has a 300Mbps speed. It’s also very affordable, and comes with a one-year warranty. If you’re looking for a budget WIFI extender, this is one of the best values around. It offers 2.4 and 5GHz channels, has six external antennas, and has a 300Mbps speed. It’s also very affordable, and comes with a one-year warranty.
- NETGEAR-AC1200: If you want a WIFI extender with the best possible range, this is a great option. It can cover an extended area of up to 1200 sq feet. It also has the latest 802.11ac technology, which is three times faster than the standard 802.11ac. It has both 2.4 and 5GHz channels, and also has multiple antennas for a better WIFI signal.
- NETGEAR-AC1900: NETGEAR-AC1900 is dual-band WIFI extender offers 3x faster than standard 80211n Wi-Fi technology – that’s six times faster than standard Wi-Fi! With this speed increase on offer from this extender (and others), you can expect very quick download and upload speeds for your devices. It also comes with the latest 802.11ac technology, which is three times faster than the standard 802.11ac.
- NETGEAR-AC3200: If you need to cover a large area and have a lot of devices to connect, this is an excellent option for you – it can deliver speeds up to 3200Mbps! This means that if there are other routers around in close proximity to your home or office, your devices will still be able to enjoy fast download and upload speeds when connected to this extender.
- NETGEAR-AC1750: If you want a high power WIFI extender with great range, this is another good option for you – it can deliver speeds up to 1750Mbps, which means it will offer fast speeds in areas with less WIFI congestion around it. It has both 2.4 and 5GHz channels, too, so you’ll get the best possible speeds in your home or office environment.
- NETGEAR-AC1200: The NETGEAR-AC1200 is a single band WIFI extender – so if you want to get faster download and upload speeds for your devices, look elsewhere as this one only serves one purpose: fast WIFI reception in your home or office environment. It has a max throughput of 1200Mbps, which means it will provide fast speeds in areas where there are less WIFI congestion around it.
Buying Guide: What to Look For
There are many different types of WIFI extenders on the market, so it’s worth knowing what to look for when buying one. The first thing to note is the band width. Low-band bandwidths like 600MHz and below are not recommended. Higher bandwidths like 2.4GHz and 5GHz are your best options. Next, make sure the extender offers enough channels for optimal coverage.
The more channels, the less likely it is that you’ll experience signal interference. Last but not least, be sure to check the signal and speed reviews to ensure you get the best possible WIFI extender. The Signal boosters will have a different design that contains an antenna, a power adapter, and a transmitter unit which is installed near for the user.
Here are some of the best WIFI extenders that have been ranked on the chart above:
NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender with Advanced Wireless Connectivity and Automatic Whole-Home Coverage Boost your WIFI in any home, boosting speeds to up to 1200Mbps 3 Gigabit Ports Open Access Router features support huge storage capability. Three gigabit Ethernet LAN ports give you incredible bandwidth opportunities such as transfer of HD media files, VPNs and gaming.
Along side these same gigabit LAN ports you will also notice there will also be another 2g WIFI extender fications known as ‘Connect To’. This requirement is one certification you should look out for when buying this type of technology since severely limiting your brand choice causes higher expenses netgear access point dual band router prime icons conflict in remote control.
Key Things to Remember Gaming with a WIFI Extender
When you’re playing games on a smartphone or tablet, there are a few things you should keep in mind to get the most out of your WIFI extender.
- First off: make sure you’re using a router with enough WIFI power. You don’t want to run out of bandwidth before your router, so make sure to check your internet speed before using a WIFI extender to make sure it’s not the source of your slow internet usage.
- Second: remember that different games will have different requirements. Some may only need a strong WIFI signal, while others need a fast network connection. To get the best possible experience, make sure to check the game reviews and user forums to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues you are.
Playing games on your smartphone can be a blast, but they’re often held back by a lack of available screen estate or a bad connection. That’s where WIFI extenders come in. They’re accessories that give you another WIFI connection so you can play your favorite games on a bigger screen, even if you play on an laptop or desktop PC, using an A/B testing tool can help optimize the performance of your game. In this article, we cover everything you need to know about how to use WIFI extender for gaming and they may benefit your gameplay experience.