Samsung is a great digital brand that is known to produce amazing devices worldwide. Among them, they manufacture the best smart televisions. These televisions are packed with a plethora of features and content to watch. Its clarity is also on a different world. However, the experience would be more exciting when using 3D glasses to watch series or play games on your Samsung smart TV.
Samsung smart TVs are built with a 3D mode that gives viewers a three dimension format experience on a full HD resolution. This allows you to have a comfortable and seamless watching. However, to watch your 3D content on your Samsung smart TV, you will need a pair of compatible 3d glasses. NB, note all 3D glasses are compatible with Samsung smart TV. In our guide today, we will take you through the best 3d glasses for Samsung smart TV. To know more about types of these glasses, factors to consider and how to use them, read through to the end.
Types of 3D Glasses For Samsung Smart TV
3D glasses for Samsung TV comes into two major types. There is the rechargeable type and the battery operated type.
1. Rechargeable type of 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV
This type of 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV avails with a cable that helps to charge it over. The glasses also have an infrared receiver that is normally situated on the glasses top-middle part. This is found between the shutters and the liquid crystal.
To charge it:
- Connect one end of your provided cable to your TVs/ laptop USB port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your glasses micro port.
- Power on your laptop/ TV and the glasses with charge from them.
2. Battery operated type of 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV
Just as the name implies, these types of 3D glasses are operated through a battery. The glasses come with a LED lighting that blinks when the battery is about to deplete and need to be replaced.
5 Best 3D Glasses For Samsung Smart TV Reviews
There are a plethora of 3D glasses in the market today. This makes it a jungle for users to select the best among the many available. As a result, we conducted a thorough research and corrected reviews from various users to help us get the best products in the market. To smoothen the search for you, we bring the best 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV that we found out.
1. Sintron 2X 3D RF glasses eyewear
Among many models, we found this suitable to be among our 5 best 3d glasses for Samsung TV. These glasses are versatile and compatible with many brands of televisions and projectors including; Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and Epson projector. These glasses features the following;
- They are light in weight. Weighing only 27g thus comfortable to have all day long.
- Made of strong materials. Their frames are made of PA materials that are strong and durable.
- They have an automatic power off function that automatically switches on and off to preserve the battery.
- They have a lasting battery that works for 100 hours with a single charge.
- They are Bluetooth enabled to communicate wirelessly with your television.
- They have active shutter lenses for clear and brighter video images and quality stereoscopic 3D solution.
- They don’t need an emitter to function
- They are compatible with many brands and models of TVs and projectors
- They have a 30 day return policy from the manufacturer
- They are Bluetooth enabled
- They are automatic
- Not the lightest since they have a battery that adds on weight
- Complains that the arms easily break
2. BOBLOV 144Hz DLP link 3D glasses
This is another incredible pair of glasses to watch 3D content. They are eligible to be among the best 3d glasses for Samsung smart TV due to their amazing features. First off, these glasses are compatible with several DLP 3D projectors such as acer, Samsung, Mitsubishi, smart and Optoma among others. Other features are:
- Uses the latest active shutter technology on the lenses to deliver high definition 3D viewing with no ghosting of images and no flickering.
- Have a long lasting battery that is built in high capacity with the ability to work for 45 hrs. nonstop.
- They are light in weight and comfortable to wear all day long without straining your eyes. They are also comfortable to wear over your regular glasses with no added weight on your eyes.
- Comes with additional accessories like USB cable for charging, a cloth for cleaning, a pouch for cloth storage and a zipped case for the glasses.
- They are comfortable to wear for long hours
- They have an easy to operate eye rotation feature
- Lasting battery
- They are not compatible with Bluetooth projectors
3. Sony TDG – BR250/B rechargeable 3D adult glasses
With this Sony brand, you are guaranteed to enjoy a wide range of 3D content without compromising clarity and quality of the images. They feature;
- High contrast and excellent color that allows you to watch clear and quality 3D content.
- They feature a broad angle of viewing that allows flexible sitting while watching your 3D content.
- A long lasting USB rechargeable battery that last for 3 hours no stop.
- They have a stylish and ergonomic design for comfort to the eyes.
- Comfortable to wear with other glasses
- Allows flexibility while watching
- Versatile in compatibility
- They lack a return policy
4. XPAND X105-RF-X1 rechargeable 3d glasses
These are active type of 3D glasses that come with amazing features to enlighten your 3D viewing experience. These glasses are not only affordable but also quality and reliable. They feature the following;
- They are extremely light weighing only 3.7g. This evades eye fatigue and discomforts while watching.
- They Bluetooth enabled for wireless connection with your television/ projectors.
- Features a long lasting battery that last for more than 100 hours of continuous watching.
- LED lighting that notifies when the glasses are switched on for connection.
- Super light and comfortable
- Small and compact
- Long lasting rechargeable battery
- Frames are only available in black color
5. ZYZH polarized realD 3D glasses
Lastly, we bring to you this model of polarized 3D glasses that are made of quality and durable materials, light with great value for your money. The glasses come with the following features:
- Frames are made of quality composite materials for longevity.
- Lens surface are waterproof, tough with sharp clarity.
- They are light, compact and comfortable to wear for long.
- Quality viewing
- Polarized glasses that works with all passive 3D TVs and projectors
- Transparent yet tough lenses
- Can’t be paired with 3D active shutter TVs
The 10 Best 3D Glasses For Movies Reviews
The 10 Best Selfie Ring Light With Cell Phone Holder Reviews And Buying Guide
Factors To Consider When Selecting The Best 3D Glasses For Samsung Smart TV
Below is a detailed guide on factors to consider when buying your 3d glasses for Samsung smart TV.
Your ideal battery operated 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV should have a lasting and reliable battery. Some batteries can last for 150 hours while others lasts for only 40 hours. A good battery should allow you to watch and enjoy your full HD 3D viewing for long hours with a single charge. This will enlighten your watching experience.
Your ideal 3D glasses should not only be reliable but also appealing in design. Also, ensure that your glasses of choice have a flexible temple support, are light and versatile in size. That means that the size can fit many wearers.
3D glasses should be light in weight and comfortable on your eyes to avoid headache or eye fatigue. In this case, passive 3D glasses are lighter and comfortable as they lack batteries.
Yes, as mentioned earlier, not all 3D glasses are compatible with Samsung smart TV. Therefore, ensure that your choice of glasses can pair with your Samsung TV and pick up content from it. Note that your glasses of choice can be from Samsung brand or any other brand. As long as they can pair your Samsung smart TV model and year of manufacture, you are good to go. However, it’s said that using the same TV‘s brand with the same brand of 3D glasses (in this case, using Samsung 3d glasses with Samsung smart TV) is better, easily compatible and more reliable.
Besides, ensure that your glasses are from the right media. Be cautious not to get 2D glasses instead of 3D glasses. To be sure on your glasses’ compatibility, ask guidance from the seller or Samsung smart TV customer services before purchase. Better still, you can consider glasses with return policy as they give a room to test compatibility before the actual purchase.
It’s important to consider 3d glasses for Samsung smart TV with additional features like Bluetooth connectivity and water resistance feature for convenience. Automatic power saving mode is another reliable feature on your 3d glasses. This mode helps to automatically change the settings of your TV from normal mode to 3D mode to help preserve the battery.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do you switch on your 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV?
- On your 3d glasses, there is a power button. Press it for 2-3 seconds.
- This will light up the glasses and the LED lighting will remain on for sometimes.
- The lens of your glasses will start to darken. This shows that your 3d glasses are on and ready for use.
How do you switch off your 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV?
To switch off your glasses, press its power or switch button consistently for 3 seconds. The LED lighting on the button should start blinking until the glasses switch off. Note that if the glasses’ power mode is automatic, your glasses will automatically switch off after your TV’s 3D mode if switched off.
How do you pair your 3D glasses with Samsung smart TV?
After switching on your 3d glasses, the next step is pairing them with your Samsung smart TV for successful viewing. This is how you pair them:
- Change your Samsung smart TV to 3D mode.
- Ensure that your switched on 3D glasses and Samsung smart TV are close to each other. They should be within 19.5 inches apart.
- The two will start to pair automatically.
- A message will appear on your television stating that that the glasses have successfully paired with your television.
How do you change your Samsung smart TV to 3D mode?
Changing your Samsung smart TV to 3D mode is made successful by your television’s remote. The process is simple and straight. Here is how:
- On your television’s remote press the ‘’menu button’’ to open ‘’settings’’.
- Next, select and press the ‘’picture’’ menu.
- Scroll down on the available options and select the ‘’3D’’ option.
- Toggle your 3D feature on.
- Select your preferred 3D type and press the ‘’OK button’’ on your remote.
- You have successfully changed your Samsung smart TV to 3D mode.
What connects your 3D glasses to your Samsung smart TV?
An emitter connects 3D glasses to your Samsung smart TV. An emitter is normally located at the left bottom of your TV and functions by emitting a red LED light if the connection between the two is successful. Therefore, you should avoid putting any object between the emitter and your 3D glasses for successful connection. Also, the distance between the two should not be anything above 6 Meters.
As seen, 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV are available in different types and models. When choosing the best 3D glasses for Samsung smart TV, make sure that the two are compatible. Also, create a budget that will guide you into purchasing the best model. It’s also important to consider versatile glasses that will not only connect with your Samsung smart TV, but other brands of TVs and even projectors. All the 5 3D glasses described above are reliable, quality, versatile, affordable and effective. Select one of them and enjoy your 3D movie experience. All the best!