Almost two-thirds of the world population already knows about the film industry. The industry has a lot of progress since it began. It produces a lot of stories and images that seem to pull you directly into the screen. Already more movies and even TVs are normally designed to give you a realistic 3D experience.
These are some of the advancements in the industry. Because of such, many people find themselves in the theater room to get these experiences. The theater provides you will get 3D glasses that enhance the watching experience. It is always a different experience when you go home. You will be unable to get the 3D glasses you need. You may be looking for a 3D glass for movies. Fortunately, we bring you this handy guide of popular 3D glasses to help you out. In the guide, you will know how the glasses work. You get a clear picture of why you need to have 3D glasses among many more.
The 10 Best 3D Glasses For Movies Reviews
1) SINTRON 2X 3D GLASSES EYEWEAR
First availed in the market in 2021, these 3D glasses are literally one of the best quality glasses present in the market. Here are some of the key features present on these glasses.
- Features high transmission lenses with brighter 3D video image and high quality stereoscopic 3D solution. This give users a very clear and satisfying movie experience.
- They are compatible with all Panasonic, Sony or Samsung Bluetooth 3D TV version 2012 to 2022.
- They have an excellent battery life. In fact, when fully charged they can go for up-to 100 hours.
- Also, they have an auto power off function for an improved energy efficiency.
- It gives buyers the benefit of buying it with confidence as it comes with one month money back guarantee. And, the company still covers for any damage that occurs while the latter is on transit.
2) BIAL REDBLUE 3D GLASSES /CYAN ANAGLYPH STYLE 3D GLASEES
Even though this 3D glasses resemble most normal sunglasses, they have other extra features that makes them suitable for movies. In fact their ergonomic nazo design ensures they fit well in almost all head shapes. On top of that, they boast of an extra space that is reserved for people who wear glasses. They also go for very cheap prices on most retail shops. Actually, you can purchase one of this for as low as 10$. Its other extra features include:
- They boast of REELY Ruili 3d HD optical lenses. This lenses use gold color proportion to achieve clear stereoscopic images.
- Designed with a high grade frosted glass frame. This ensures that it is very comfortable allowing users to wear them for long periods.
- It also has a patent design with an anti-fog vent for a better experience. This is usually very advantageous especially when you wear them for long hours.
3) PANASONIC VIERA TY-ER3D4MU ACTIVE SHUTTER 3D EYEWEAR
In case you are partially blind and you need glasses to watch something clearly, these 3D glasses suit you very well. This pair works perfectly and has a number of features that make it one of the best 3D glasses for movies. Some of these features are;
- They come with an extra reserved space that fits on normal eye glasses.
- Reliable battery that when fully charged, this glasses can approximately run for up-to 30 hours. Therefore, they allow you to enjoy all your movies and series before then need for charging arrives again.
- Features extremely light ad comfortable active shutter 3D eyewear.
- Compatible with 2012 VERA HDTVS.
- They come with USB cable for recharging purposes.
- Lightweight In nature and comfortable to wear. As a matter of fact, they weigh exactly 1.6 ounces.
4) BOBLOV STORE144hz DLP LINK 3D GLASSES
One of the most outstanding features of the above 3D glasses is their amazing outlook. In fact, most of its users admit that they bought them because of their exemplary beauty. Besides, they are also effective in functionality. They boast of the following features.
- It comes with an active shitter 3D TECHNOLOGY that compacts well with all DLP link projectors and other brands like Samsung, LG, Dell and Panasonic projectors among many.
- Its latest active shutter technology also allows a very fast 144Hz refresh rate, eliminates ghosting of images and also guarantees high definition viewing.
- They exhibit an inbuilt rechargeable battery. Whenever they are fully charged they can run for up-to fourth five minutes straight. As if not enough, they boast of up-to 180 standby time.
- The glasses are super lightweight and portable, hence you can carry them anywhere.
- It comes with additional accessories like USB cable for recharging it, a safe pouch for storage and a soft piece of cloth foe cleaning the lenses.
- Features both light and left eye rotation ability. This is through clocking its power button once and you are good to go.
5) DLP 3D GLASSES 144Hz RECHARGEABLE 3D ACTIVE SHUTTER GLASSES FOR ALL DLP-LINL 3D PROJECTORS
The above active shutter 3D glasses employ DLP link as their sync method. Basically, this means that it readily works with most DLP projectors. It is also reliable and compatible with other brand of projectors like Mitsubishi, Samsung, LG and dell among many. You can also acquire these glasses at a very amiable price as they are not expensive. Most retailers sell them for as low as 40$. Below are other features that makes it worthy giving a shot.
- First off, they adopt the newest active shutter effect of 3D.
- Boasts of a built in high capacity rechargeable battery.
- This battery allows users to use the glasses for up-to 45 hours straight after they are fully charged. On top of that, they allow for a stand by time of up-to 180 days.
- Designed with a very innovative design hence being quite pretty on the outside.
- They are very lightweight in nature hence being super portable in nature. In fact their large ergonomic design makes its very ideal for people who wear glasses.
6) BIAL 2PACK RED BLUE 3D GLASSES
Enjoy better movie streaming with HD lenses present on these innovative glasses. This is achieved through the ability of the lenses to reflect stereo HD movies. These glasses feature the following;
- They have an ergonomic design with bazoo holds which makes them more comfortable. Moreover, it has an extra space reserved for people who wear glasses.
- It also has an anti-fog vent which makes them very convenient to wear for long periods.
- The picture frame boasts of a high grade frosted glass. Also, it’s very comfortable and non-allergenic.
- Its lenses come in different colors. One is in red while the other is in cyan. These lenses are quality, guarantees clear pictures and are also gives an attractive outlook.
7) 3D HEAVEN ULTRA CLEAR HD 14 Hz DLP LINK 3D ACTIVE RECHARGEABLE SHUTTER GLASSES
Talk of easy to use 3D glasses and the latter will satisfy every font of that. In fact all you need to do is to uncover them and put on your 3D program. After that, switch on the DLP link option and you are ready to go. Other pronounced features associated with this glasses are:
- These glasses come with a DLP link which works with all DLP link projectors. In fact, it does not require any emitter to work. Nonetheless, it is not for use with both Samsung and Mitsubishi DLP Television.
- They are well rubberized so as to provide users with better comfort. In fact you can wear them for long hours without feeling tired.
- Boasts of an automatic power of function that’s works within one minute of turning off your projector.
- It also comes with a free carrying bag as well as microfiber cleaning cloth.
- Their large design ensures that the latter fits well even when the user is wearing glasses.
- Its equipped with the next generation extremely fast144Hz refresh rate that requires no emitter to function.
8) BNEXT STORE VR HEADSET COMPATIBLE WITH IPHONE AND ANDROID
Are you in search of a VR headset that you can use anywhere at any time? If so, then this will meet your needs. This headset comes with extremely superb features that allow users to enjoy every second of using it. Below are some of the features that make it standout.
- To begin with, this headset boasts of a very advanced VR and gaming technology. In fact, if you are movie fanatic this headset will definitely make you enjoy your movie more.
- It features both FD and OD adjustments. This two adjustments allows users to expand their viewing angle for a better experience.
- It comes with a very remarkable size adjustment feature. Therefore, it fits both kids and adults.
- It is compatible with smartphones that have a screen size ranging between 4 inches and 6.3 inches. So, it goes with almost all smartphones. In fact the larger the screen of your phone, the better your experience.
- It is compatible with both android and iOS.
- It also comes with more exclusive content and online support.
- Features head strap and eye protection system for optimal comfort. An additional nose piece is present to mitigate the pressure. Actually this great comfort makes users not to take off the gear even after using it for long.
9) SONY BT500A ACTIVE 3D GLASSES
This is another reliable pair of 3D glasses to consider. The latter is compatible with multiple of projectors and also cheap to acquire. It boast of the following features that make it suitable for 3D movies.
- These glasses exhibit a very modern 3D capability that takes your movie on a whole new level. Most users have condensed that it makes them feel like they are standing next to the real actors.
- Also, they exhibit a very good 3D clarity picture quality. It is even quoted that it boasts of a 1080 picture clarity.
- It is light weight and comfortable to use. To be more precise, it weighs exactly 1.28 ounces.
10) FIYAPOO VR HEADSET, VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET3D VR GOGGLES GLASSES FOR 3D MOVIES
We close our list with this amazing glasses for 3D movies that exhibits a very comfortable fit and latest technology in design. The latter qualifies to be in a list because of the following effective features.
- It features a 3D headset view that don’t only make it suitable for watching movies but also watching the see waters. This makes it view clear with a very excellent 360 degree VR view for a perfect experience.
- Features an anti-blue light HD lenses that are eye protected that protects your eyes against excessive lighting.
- Made with the latest VR ergonomic design with T-shaped straps that helps to reduce pressure on your face and around the eyes.
- It’s compatible with several smartphones that are from 4.7 to 6.53 inches.
Read also: The 5 Best 3D Glasses For Samsung Smart TV
What You Need To Know Before Buying 3D Glasses For Movies
There has been great progress since the 3D glasses made their inception. The majority of you believe that 3D films came in place in the 1970s. This is a surprise for you. The first 3D film vetting was in 1922. Since then, 3D video technology has been in and out of the mainstream on a two-year cycle. The greatest popularity of this technology occurred because of James Cameron’s Avatar. Now it seems 3D technology is here to stay. This is because we can nearly conclude that every film is available in both 2D and 3D formats.
There is a good chance you have already seen a 3D film in a theater. Or even on your television, but how do 3D glasses work? Below are other factors to look out for before buying 3D glasses for movies.
1) How the 3D Glasses Work
Generally, there are three distinct types of 3D glasses that exist. They include anaglyph, polarized, and shutter 3D. Each pair employs a unique technique for bringing a flat image to life on your screen. Therefore, determine your type of glass and how it works before purchase.
2) Types Of Glasses
There are different types of 3D glasses in the market. Each of these types have different sizes, clip on design and price. Therefore, it’s important to know the type you want before purchase. Below are different types available.
Anaglyph 3D Glasses
Anaglyph 3D glasses are the most prevalent type of 3D spectacles available. They are frequently associated with the phrase “3D movie.” These glasses interpret the image through the use of red and cyan lenses. The lenses create the images you see by applying a color filter to the layered image you are viewing. While one lens eliminates all red in the image, the other lens eliminates all cyan. All this happens as a mystery to many. The color elimination fools your brain into believing it is seeing in 3D.
The image you are viewing is the same image projected from two different angles. Also, the images can be completely different and superimposed one on top of the other. Anaglyph 3D glasses are available in a variety of colors. This includes Magenta/Green, Red/Cyan, and Red/Green.
Polarized 3D Glasses
Polarized 3D glasses operate similarly to Anaglyph 3D glasses. How is that possible, you may ask? To be sure, these glasses reduce the amount of light that enters your eyes. They do so by limiting light to red and blue wavelengths. Typically, these glasses have yellowish-brown tinted lenses.
The image on the screen also plays a significant role. The diffraction grating is actually two images superimposed on the same screen. This occurs along with the glasses’ polarization. It is normally via an orthogonal polarizing filter. The glasses use the same type of filters as lenses, allowing each eye to see the two distinct images. These images are normally on the screen. Additionally, polarized 3D glasses resemble sunglasses in appearance and function.
- They do not require a power source to operate. They typically have sufficient front space to accommodate existing eyeglasses.
- They are relatively inexpensive to manufacture
- The price is largely determined by the materials used to construct the frame. This can be paper, plastic, or even metal.
- They are passive, which means they are not particularly heavy. The lighter the eyewear, the better, as prolonged use can irritate the ears and nose.
- They are affordable, costing about a third of the price of Active Shutter glasses.
- Polarized 3D glasses do not flicker. This means that long periods of viewing will cause less discomfort and eye fatigue.
- The 3D image is only half the resolution of the 2D image displayed on the same TV. This is because of the simultaneous display of left and right eye images.
- There are horizontal lines on the screen. It also has some jagged artifacts around the objects’ edges. This is most noticeable when reading text or concentrating on straight-line geometric shapes.
Shutter 3D Glasses
Shutter 3D glasses are one of the most technologically advanced types of 3D glasses. As seen with the other two types of 3D eyewear, they make use of passive 3D. This is different with shutter 3D glasses. They normally make use of active 3D. Fortunately, these glasses do not use filtered images or color to create a 3D image. Rather than that, they utilize LCD screen technology to dim each lens alternately. This lens darkening occurs quickly. In most cases, you will miss it unless you are very much attentive.
- Active shutter 3D glasses are typically battery-powered. Some even have a USB port which makes them more expensive than standard 3D glasses. The price of these glasses is more than justified. This is because of the unparalleled image quality they provide. Most television brand offers a line of these glasses. Some of these brands include Samsung, Sony, and Panasonic.
- These glasses are larger than passive glasses because they contain batteries. Some even use CR batteries, while others use rechargeable batteries. They have an on and off button, and a transmitter. The transmitter synchronizes the rapidly moving shutter lenses in each eye. This is normally done with the rate of the onscreen display.
- They have an increased image resolution. The shutter 3D glasses display the same 3D image resolution as the 2D image displayed. This is unlike the passive 3D glasses. This is normally accomplished by displaying left and right eye images in sync. Also, the screen displays a unique image for each eye rather than two superimposed images. The TV or projector is capable of displaying the image in its entirety.
- They cause discomfort. This is because of the flickering caused by the rapid opening and closing of the LCD shutters. But this is not common with all users of the glasses. Additionally, they are significantly larger than passive 3D glasses.
- They require electricity to operate. This means you must always have a fresh pack on hand.
- They cost two to three times as much as passive 3D glasses. However, considering the image quality they deliver, this is not an unreasonable price.
The primary distinction between different types of 3D glasses is obvious the cost. Passive 3D glasses are inexpensive due to their lack of technology. However, active glasses are more expensive starting from $100 and above. However, this is because they perform significantly more work.
The other significant issue is almost certainly accessibility. Active 3D technology is more widely available than passive 3D technology. This owes to the lower cost of projectors but the high cost of glasses. This is a more cost-effective model for home theaters. This is because you only need one or two pairs.
Similarly, passive 3D glasses enable a greater number of people to watch the same video. This is possible concurrently. Passive 3D glasses like those used in movie theaters work at home. Additionally, individuals may bring their own. It is unlikely that you will own more than two pairs because they are expensive. This limits the number of people who can use them.
The element of comfort is another determining factor. Active 3D glasses incorporate the majority of the technology into the glasses themselves. This makes them quite heavy. Similarly, they have thicker lenses and maybe less comfortable as a result. If you are planning massive 3D movie marathons, passive 3D is the better option.
6) Excellent image quality
You also need to consider the image quality. Active 3D glasses produce a higher-quality image. However, they are mostly known for causing flickering. This leads to a lot of distraction. Passive glasses produce a lower-quality image, which can appear a little dull at times.
What Are Some Of The Economical Ways To Use 3D Movie Glasses?
You will realize that once these glasses get spoiled, many will throw them in bins. However, this should not be the case. There are several ways that you can use these glasses. Here are some of the uses.
- Dress up — you can remove the lens and give the children to dress up for fun.
- Keep a pair in your car as backup sunglasses. Note they do not affect your normal vision.
- Wash them clean and deliver them to school in exchange for treasure box dolls.
- Keep them for outings to other 3D tourist destinations. This will prevent you from wearing glasses that lots of other people have worn.
- Use it to create crafts such as picture frames.
How Can You Maximize Your 3D Cinema Experience?
You have already seen that we can use 3D glasses from a movie theater at home. It is time to consider how to get the most out of your 3D technology. It may be tempting to unbox your television and walk away. However, there are a few points worth considering.
1) Utilize the backlight
While you may wish to watch your 3D in a dark room to achieve an authentic movie theater experience, this is a bad idea. 3D televisions typically project brighter images to compensate for the tinted passive glasses. As a result, your eyes will tire more quickly. This will definitely expose you to headaches.
The simplest solution to the crisis is to position a desk lamp behind your television. After that, you will direct it toward the wall. Placing the light behind the television does not affect image quality. But it does alleviate eye strain by providing a reference point in the room. This reduces the need to contract and expand.
2) Pay close attention to the display settings on your computer
Check the display settings on your television. It is wrong to assume that the optimization is fully done. Maybe you were already contented with your settings until you take a closer look at them. You may even realize they could be significantly improved.
The best course of action would be to use a calibration medium, such as Spears and Munsil’s Blu-ray. It produces excellent results and demonstrates the quality of your television. If you do not already own a Blu-Ray player, you should be able to locate one online.
3) Examine the settings for depth intensity
It’s worth noting that the majority of 3D content behaves differently. For instance, games typically feature adaptive 3D depth settings, films typically remain static. If you are alternating between the two, keep an eye on your settings. A lower depth intensity may allow you to get the most out of a film. Though changing it every time may be tedious. In either case, it is worth experimenting with.
It is certainly possible to use 3D glasses from a movie theater at home. However, it is worth checking to ensure that you have the proper setup for them to work. Fortunately, it is not difficult to determine based on the type of glasses you wear. We hope that the information given will help you to get the best of the 3D glasses. Make sure you do thorough research before you buy one.