A scooter is a great tool you can purchase for your kid. If you are planning on buying one Scooter for 10 year old boy, there are several options available in the market.
The problem is the variety of models can easily confuse you. If you are here, chances are you are looking for a guide to help you make the best decision. Or, you have a choice already but want to ensure it’s the best for your youngster.
Well, you are in the right place. We’ll give you all the answers you need for all your burning questions. We’ll also avail a collection of the best 10 scooters you can get for your youngster. So, read on for all these and more.
- Types of Kids Scooters
- The 10 Best Scooter for 10 Year Old Boy Reviews
- 1) Razor A Kick Scooter for Kids
- 2) Lascoota Scooters for Kids 8 Years and up
- 3) Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter for Kids
- 4) Lascoota Kick Scooter for Kids
- 5) Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter
- 6) Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter
- 7) Razor A2 Kick Scooter for Kids
- 8) Beleev Scooters for Kids
- 9) Razor A3 Kick Scooter for Kids
- 10) Micro Kickboard – Mini Deluxe
- Factors to Consider Before Buying a Scooter for a 10 Years Old
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Final Recap
Types of Kids Scooters
While all scooters may look alike in their physical appearances, they are very different in functionality. As a devoted parent, you need to understand keenly how each type of scooter works to make the best choice.
Though it sounds easy, you will make mistakes if you hurriedly choose just any scooter. You don’t want your choice to ruin your kid’s physical confidence and hinder your child’s motor skills growth. To understand the various types of kids’ scooters, see the list below:
Electric scooters are usually run by a motor powered by a chargeable battery. You can simply refer to them as the modern-day scooters made through improved tech skills.
These scooters need to charge once the battery is low. Although they are great for their fast speed, they can be risky for your kid.
The can accelerate up to a speed of 10mph. For 10-year-old, such speed may be too high for them to control thus endangering them.
2) Folding scooters
These scooters are mostly loved due to their portable nature. They are easy to transport around. All you need to do is fold them and they’ll fit in small spaces as they become more compact.
Be the best parent and get it for your prince if he likes to ride to school. The scooter is a fun item for the school runs too and you can easily carry it on your hands or just put it in your boot.
3) 3 & 4 wheeled scooters
These are plastic scooters with the added advantage of extra wheels. The additional wheels boost the stability of the scooter.
If your boy is new to these kinds of toys, the increased stability is a plus for their safety.
4) Adjustable handlebars
These are one of the best scooters you can get your prince if you want to avoid buying a new one every time his height increases.
They have adjustable handles that adapt to the growth of your child. Its advantage is that you can use it as long as it lasts.
5) Stunt scooter
Stunt scooters are for the kids who love doing tricks during their fun rides. It’s appropriate for older kids and will therefore be perfect for your 10-year-old if he is a fun lover of the scooter tricks.
The scooters are usually stronger and more durable. They are so strong that their parts can’t fall apart during the tricks. That sturdiness and strength are necessary as you won’t have fears watching your son perform those tricks.
The 10 Best Scooter for 10 Year Old Boy Reviews
1) Razor A Kick Scooter for Kids
The scooter mentioned above is ideal for your boy as it is lightweight. Therefore, your kid will not get fatigued when using it.
Besides this, it comes with adjustable handlebars that make it easy for your kid to set his or her preferred height.
The scooter is also available in many colors. Therefore, your child will not miss a pleasant model.
Here are other features that make this scooter great for your kid:
- It is made from aluminum material which is both durable and lightweight in nature. Besides being enjoyable to use, this scooter can stand the test of time as it is made from a durable material.
- The scooter comes with a folding mechanism which makes it easy for your child to carry and travel with it. This feature makes it easy to store this equipment after use.
- Its adjustable handlebars make it easy for any kid to use. This is because your kid can easily set his or her preferred height and use it comfortably.
- The scooter comes with other vital features such as urethane wheels and rear-fender brakes.
- This model does not need any assembly. As a result, it can be used immediately after purchase.
2) Lascoota Scooters for Kids 8 Years and up
As the name of this model suggests, this scooter is ideal for kids who are 8 years and above. Besides this, the model comes with a number of safety and modern features.
Some of these features include:
- To start with, the model comes with a non-slip, weight-absorbing deck that ensures that your kid is safe whenever your kid is riding it. Besides this, the scooter comes with an extra-wide deck that makes it comfortable for your kid to use it.
- When it comes to durability, this model does not disappoint. You will note that it is made of steel and aluminum. Therefore, it can last for many years without getting damaged.
- Once you buy this scooter, you will not need to assemble it. This is because it is already assembled by the manufacturer. As a result, you will start using the scooter almost immediately after purchase.
- This model can easily be folded. Therefore, you will not have a difficult time transporting it from one location to another. This feature also makes it easy to store after use.
- Since this model comes with wear-resistant PU wheels, your kid will have an effortless ride. Generally, these wheels can absorb any form of shock along the way.
- The model comes with 4 adjustable height options. Therefore, you will not have to replace the scooter any time soon as your kid can ride it for ages.
- It comes with six fashionable and stylish designs. As a result, you will not miss a design that will please your kid.
3) Jetson Jupiter Kick Scooter for Kids
This scooter offers value for money as it comes with an LED light-up, an adjustable handlebar, and a rear brake.
Here are other amazing features that make this model great:
- The model is easy to fold. Therefore, it makes it easy for your kid to carry and move with it anywhere he or she pleases.
- The scooter comes with a lightweight design. This feature makes it ideal for your kid as he or she will not get fatigued when using it.
- Since this model comes with over 100 LED lights, it can readily be used at night. These lights make the user visible at night and thereby prevent potential accidents.
- When it comes to durability, this model tops the list as it comes with a durable frame and a sturdy deck that can last for many years.
- The model is made with the user in mind as the height of the handlebars can be adjusted to different levels. Therefore, your kid can use this model for ages.
4) Lascoota Kick Scooter for Kids
Unlike other models, the scooter mentioned above comes with 3 wheels. As a result, your kid will have a smooth ride out there.
Consequently, his imaginative and motor skills will improve. Besides this, the scooter is made for kids who are between 3 to 12 years old.
Here are other features that make this model incredible:
- The model is very stable, thanks to its three strong wheels. With this scooter, your kid will be able to balance well and remain stable throughout his ride. In fact, the model comes with a lean-to-steer technology that helps improve your kid’s balancing and coordination skills.
- Unlike other models, the one comes with light-up wheels. These wheels usually light –up as they move. As a result, you can be sure that your kid will have unlimited fun when riding this model.
- The model comes with a wide seat that is both removable and adjustable. Depending on what the user wants, you can make the necessary adjustments, and you will be good to go.
- It comes with 4 height adjustments that make it easy for children of all ages to use the model.
5) Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter
To start with, this scooter comes with two large wheels, which are 8 inches in size. Apart from this, the scooter is foldable and comes with adjustable handlebars.
Here are other features that make it an excellent option for your kid:
- This model is lightweight and therefore, will not make your kid get fatigued.
- Since it comes with extra-large urethane wheels, it can provide a smooth and comfortable ride.
- The model is strong as it is made of aluminum material.
- It comes with bold colors that will catch the attention of your kid
- Since it comes with adjustable handlebars, your kid will enjoy riding this scooter.
6) Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter
The scooter mentioned above can ride well over bumps present on both paved and non-paved surfaces. Besides this, it comes with 12-inch air-filled tires that look like those of a standard bike.
Here are other features that come with this model:
- It comes with handlebars that resemble those of a BMX bike. Apart from this, it comes with alloy caliper hand brakes. These features make it easy to control the scooter when it is in motion.
- The model comes with a wide foot deck which makes it easy for your kid to balance and remain stable when coasting.
- The model mentioned above is ideal for kids who are between 6 to 9 years old. Also, these kids should be less than 220 pounds.
- The handlebar of this scooter can easily be adjusted, thereby making it comfortable for kids with different heights.
7) Razor A2 Kick Scooter for Kids
If you are looking for a durable scooter, look no further, as the model mentioned above will not disappoint you. This is because it is made from robust aircraft-grade aluminum. Apart from this, it comes with a patented t-tube and deck design folds that make it easy to carry it to any location you please. The following are the other features that make this model amazing:
- It is lightweight in nature. Therefore, your kid will not struggle carrying it from one location to another.
- The model comes with adjustable handlebars, which make it ideal for children with different heights.
- Its urethane wheels come with springs that enable the model to absorb any form of shock along the way.
- This model comes with patented rear fender brakes that allow it to make quick stops.
- It comes with a 6-month warranty from the manufacturer.
8) Beleev Scooters for Kids
One desirable feature that comes with this model is an adjustable handlebar. This means that you will not have to keep on buying different scooters as your kid grows up.
This feature, he or she will use the scooter for ages. Generally, it comes with four adjustable height options and is ideal for kids who are between 3 and 14 years. Apart from this, there are other incredible features that make this model awesome.
These features include:
- The model comes with LED wheels which makes it visible at night. The good news is that these LED lights do not need a battery for them to work. All your kid needs to do is to ride the scooter, and these LED lights will get brighter as he goes.
- It comes with a lean-to-steer technology that makes it easier to control this model when it in motion. Besides this, it comes with a lightweight design. This way, your kid will not get fatigued when carrying it.
- The model mentioned above comes with a large; aluminum reinforced rear-wheel foot brake that allows you to stop the scooter anytime you, please.
- When it comes to comfort and safety, this model does not disappoint. This is because it comes with 3 wheels and a non-slip deck. Besides this, the deck is large enough. As a result, your kid will be able to place both his feet and ride them comfortably.
- As far as durability is concerned, this model tops the list. Generally, it comes with a strong deck and can hold up to 100 pounds.
9) Razor A3 Kick Scooter for Kids
Unlike other models, this one comes with larger wheels that make it ideal to be used on nearly every terrain. Besides this, it is made from strong aircraft-grade aluminum that makes it long-lasting.
The following are other features that make this scooter stand out:
- Its urethane wheels come with a springless shock-absorbing system. This feature enables it to absorb any form of shock along the way.
- For quick stops, this model comes with a patented rear fender brake.
- The model also comes with a patented folding mechanism that makes it easier for the user to carry around.
- This model is ideal for children who are 5 years and above. However, the rider has to be less than 143 pounds.
10) Micro Kickboard – Mini Deluxe
The model mentioned above comes with three wheels for stability purposes. Besides this, it comes with a lean-to-steer design that makes it easier to control the scooter when it is in motion.
Generally, these features will enable your child to master their coordination and balance. Apart from these features, there are other aspects that set it apart from its peers.
These features include:
- The model is very strong as it can hold weights up to 110 lbs.
- Its lightweight design makes it ideal for young children
- The model comes with an adjustable T-bar, which makes it suitable for growing children between the ages of 2 and 5.
- No assembly is needed. Once you buy this unit, you just need to insert the T-bar into the deck and start riding immediately.
- The model comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Scooter for a 10 Years Old
Before falling for a specific scooter for your kid, you need to consider certain factors. Though a scooter is a fun tool for your child, making the wrong choice can make you regret it.
To make sure your son gets the best out of it, you should scrutinize every aspect of the scooter.
Below is a detailed list of the top things you should consider before selecting the best scooter for your 10 Year old son.
1) Safety measures
Even if your child knows how to ride a scooter perfectly, getting them a scooter whose bar height is below their neck is safe.
Riding a scooter with bars reaching the front of their face will expose them to a risk of face or neck injury in case an accident occurs.
If the handlebars of your boys are adjustable, keep them below their neck as a precautionary measure.
2) Kid’s age
The ability of a child to ride a scooter depends on age. Any child who is able to walk properly has the capability to ride on a scooter since it has its own balance.
This is the reason why it’s advisable to start riding scooters as a physical activity as early as possible. However, riding a scooter does not require much motor.
skills and your 10 Year boy will easily learn how to do it. In the scooters market, you will find them grouped in terms of age groups and it will be easy to choose.
The difficulty of riding advances with the age groups to ensure your child increases their motor skills and physical confidence.
3) Portability and storage
Depending on how and where your prince will be riding his scooter, you should consider its portability and storage.
A foldable scooter is mostly preferred for kids who want to ride theirs to school since they are easy to carry and keep.
It’s also the best when you are going on trips because you will easily carry it after a ride. If you want a scooter for outdoor fun activities, and can do depending on your need and storage space in your home.
4) Number of wheels
The number of wheels on your child’s scooter should be on the basis of theirs.
Buy your child a three or four-wheeled scooter if:
- It’s their first experience to ride on a scooter
- Your prince has not yet known how to cycle a bicycle
- Your child is not active physically
A two-wheeled scooter is perfect if:
- The child has learnt how to cycle a bicycle
- Your son can already ride a three wheeled one perfectly
- The boy is active physically
Be the sweetest mum or dad by getting your child the best quality scooter you can find. A quality one will be durable and most likely the safest.
Avoid buying a scooter that can easily break its parts in case of a fall. That way, you will also minimize the repair costs thus maximizing your boy’s fun.
6) Childs motor skills
You should not overlook your child’s riding skills. Actually, it should be among the first factors to influence your scooter choice.
Getting a scooter above your child’s motor skills exposes them to the risk of collision. It may also make your child feel exhausted and end up not enjoying or not loving the ride anymore.
However, that doesn’t mean you get a scooter requiring fewer motor skills. That will cause stagnation of your child’s motor skills and physical confidence.
Worse, they can deteriorate with time. Therefore, just get a scooter that is equivalent to your child’s motor skills. This will enhance their growth and improvement as they have fun.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is it necessary for kids to wear helmets while riding on scooters?
How can I easily teach my kid to ride a scooter?
What is the best age limit for a child to stop using scooters?
Which is the best scooter for your kid when traveling?
Why should you buy your son a scooter?
1. A scooter helps children have fun and improve their social life.
2. Helps in building up your child’s self-confidence.
3. The child gets to learn the simple traffic rules.
Shopping has never been more complicated than it is nowadays. Nearly every market is saturated with products of all kinds. If you are looking for a 10 year old scooter, this guide should help you. It contains all the details you need about your junior’s model.
Additionally, you don’t have to go looking blindly. Our review of the best 10 scooters puts you ahead of others. You can narrow down your search to this list and be sure to get the best deal for your son.
If you are not sure of your boy’s motor skills, consider buying from local deals that will test your boy. Then you can pick the best match based on their capabilities.