Children’s GPS tracking bracelets are a critical component of back-to-school technology. A good GPS tracker bracelet reassures the anxious parents’ safety of their children. They are convenient to carry, attaching to a bag or simply sliding onto a wrist.
They normally keep you informed of your children’s whereabouts. The finest GPS trackers may even send warnings to you and other caregivers in the event of an incident. This knowledge is useful whether your children go to school alone or travel by bus.
In this article, we will look at children’s GPS tracking bracelets and other facets around them. You will also know why your child needs to have a GPS tracking bracelet. Also, you will understand the factors to consider when getting a GPS tracker for your child. All these factors will help you get the finest children’s GPS tracking bracelet.
- Why Would A Child Need A GPS Tracker?
- Are GPS Trackers Safe For A Child?
- The 10 Best Children’s GPS Tracking Bracelet Reviews
- 1) Garmin vivofit jr. 3 Fitness Tracker for Kids
- 2) Fitbit Ace 3 Activity Tracker for Kids
- 3) PTHTECHUS PTH-4G-01 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch Phone
- 4) PESTON [5 Pack] Wristband for Airtag, Silicone Airtag Bracelet for Kids
- 5) Efolen 4G Smart Watch for Kids – Smartwatch with GPS Wi-Fi LBS Tracker
- 6) Owl Cole 4G GPS Tracker Unlocked Wrist Smart Phone Watch for Kids
- 7) HPHRE Airtag Watch Bands 2 Packs
- 8) LEMONCOVER Stress Relief Wristband
- 9) AirBud AirTag Wristband for Children
- 10) iZi Way (2 Pack) Kids/Adults Anti-Lost Bracelet for AirTag
- Factors to Consider Before Buying a GPS Tracker For Child
- Final Word
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Why Would A Child Need A GPS Tracker?
This is a question with its answer mostly sought by parents across the country. Most GPS trackers for children are normally made in the form of bracelets. The children’s GPS tracking bracelets are excellent tools for children tracking. These items provide parents with up-to-date information on their child’s current location. Some are even capable of monitoring a child’s health.
Here are some reasons why you need to have a GPS tracker for your kid.
1) At-Home Notifications
It is like a horror, losing focus on where your child is at the current moment. It brings a lot of comfort to the parents who work for long hours to know the kids are safely at home. This is also good for parents who have kids in schools. GPS tracking gadgets with precise mapping software can help you feel peaceful.
It also guarantees your youngster will develop independence while alone at home. Some of the GPS tracking bracelets have an emergency button. This button on the tracker allows you to receive aid promptly in case they need adult help.
2) For the Purposes of Public Precautions
It is obvious that you cannot ignore public places when you are with children. As a parent, you can visit crowded locations such as malls and parks. Besides, you will like to take them to enjoy themselves in children’s recreational areas.
Since children like to play, you can lose their contact within a blink. With GPS monitoring devices, you can easily locate your youngster. Even if your children are not in view, real-time monitoring gadgets enable you to watch where they are. So, you can swiftly locate them if needed without panicking.
3) Perimeter Warnings
When getting a GPS tracking bracelet, all you want is your children’s safety. Some of these tracking devices enable parents to create a “safe zone” for their children. This can act as a “virtual fence“, notifying parents whenever they violate the zone.
This perimeter helps in preventing children’s kidnappings on busy children’s playgrounds. Besides, they can help you find a youngster when walking in a busy setting like a mall or amusement park.
4) Travel Security
Teenagers are not always prepared to drive, even after receiving driving licenses. This may put them in risky situations when they drive on busy highways or in dark places. So, when your child has the GPS tracker, it makes it easier for the parent or guardian to track them in case of a problem.
Many GPS trackers have optional emergency buttons that help the kid in case of a hiccup. They only need to press it if there is an accident, technical breakdown, or other catastrophes. This enables parents as well as local law enforcement to react in case of an emergency.
The same case applies to emergency medical services. There are other trackers that allow you to see your adolescent driver’s route history. You can also see their speed and the duration of their stops at certain places. This enables parents to get a sense of their child’s driving abilities. You will also know their adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
5) Behavioral Concerns
If your kid is autistic, he or she may be more prone to walk around like normal children. A GPS tracking bracelet enables you to check a child’s inside predefined limits. They do alert you if the youngster leaves the region. You need to note that utilizing a kid tracker does not imply suspicion of being a strict parent.
The GPS tracking bracelet provides timely, reliable information. This information prevents you and your child from potentially hazardous or unpleasant circumstances. Personal trackers are tiny and inconspicuous. They do fit easily into a wallet, bag, or the metal surface of a vehicle.
Are GPS Trackers Safe For A Child?
GPS trackers make use of the same technology as our smartphones. The same security feature in the phones is the one that the GPS trackers use. So, using GPS trackers on your kids is safe. However, it does not guarantee the safety of your kid. It only provides you data about your kid.
The 10 Best Children’s GPS Tracking Bracelet Reviews
1) Garmin vivofit jr. 3 Fitness Tracker for Kids
The above-mentioned GPS tracking bracelet is ideal for your kid as it comes with an interactive app experience that allows your kid to go on a Garmin world tour. Besides this, the bracelet is easy to use and can work with a number of smartphone devices. Here are the other features that make this GPS tracking bracelet great:
- Unlike other models, this one is more durable as it even allows your kid to swim while wearing it.
- It comes with a large color display with a myriad of watch face options.
- As far as its battery life is concerned, this model comes with a battery that can last for 1 year without recharging. Besides this, the battery is parent replaceable.
- It comes with entertainment apps and games to keep your kid entertained all the time.
- It comes with a Garmin jr. app that allows parents to schedule alerts, assign tasks and even reward their kids for being obedient. However, the parent has to have this app on his or her compatible smartphone paired to this app.
- The model allows you to track the distance covered by your kid during playtime, among other activities. Besides tracking the distance, the model allows you to track your kid’s steps and his sleeping patterns.
2) Fitbit Ace 3 Activity Tracker for Kids
Unlike other models, this tracker can store its charge up to 8 days. This means that your kid will not have to charge it every now and then. Besides this, the model allows you to track your kid’s activities out there. Here are the other features that make this model incredible:
- It comes with an animated clock face that grows and develops as your kid gets active out there throughout the day.
- The model comes with a sleep tracking feature and bedtime reminders.
- Unlike other models, this one is waterproof.
- It allows your kid to communicate with his or her loved ones.
- The model allows your kid to earn virtual badges whenever they attain their goals.
3) PTHTECHUS PTH-4G-01 4G GPS Kids Smartwatch Phone
If you are looking for a multifunctional digital watch, look no further as this model is the best solution for you. To put it into perspective, it comes with incredible features such as step counting, weather checking, games, a camera, adjustable screen brightness, and many more. It works just like a mobile phone. Here are the other features that make the watch worth the money:
- The model supports 4G connectivity. With this kind of internet connectivity, be sure that you will get your kid’s GPS positioning in real-time.
- This model allows you to know the various locations your kid has visited throughout the day.
- It comes with an SOS button that allows your kid to make alerts when he or she is in an emergency situation.
- The model comes with a 2-way video calling feature. Apart from this, it comes with a face-to-face video talking feature.
- This model can last for ages, thanks to its high quality, anti-fall, durable materials.
4) PESTON [5 Pack] Wristband for Airtag, Silicone Airtag Bracelet for Kids
Unlike other trackers, this one comes with an apple Airtag. You will note that its watch band is made of silicone, thus makes it friendly to your kid’s skin. Here are other features that make this model unique:
- The model is both scratch-resistant and sweat-proof. In fact, it is washable and thus ideal for your kid.
- It comes with a high-performance positioning function.
- It allows you to charge it without removing the casing.
- The model comes with an easy-to-use user interface.
5) Efolen 4G Smart Watch for Kids – Smartwatch with GPS Wi-Fi LBS Tracker
The model mentioned above is a multi-functional digital smartwatch. Unlike other smartwatches you see around, this one supports 4G connectivity. Besides this, the model comes with the following features:
- It comes with 3 GPS positioning features, thereby allowing you to know the exact location of your kid.
- Since it is receptive to 4G networks, be sure that the GPS locator will be fast and more accurate.
- It allows parents to video call and voice chat their kids anytime they please.
- The model allows your kid to take photos and even send them to you.
- It allows kids to play different games during their free time.
- Unlike other models, this one supports WI-FI connectivity, thus making video calls more clear and stable.
- The smartwatch is waterproof and has a larger touchscreen interface.
- This model supports AT&T 4G LTE Nano SIM cards only.
6) Owl Cole 4G GPS Tracker Unlocked Wrist Smart Phone Watch for Kids
Just as its name suggests, this model is the best model in 2022. In fact, it comes with features that make it look like a smartphone. Here are the features that make it great:
- The smartphone watch supports 4G connectivity. Besides this, it supports 2G and 3G connectivity.
- Unlike other models, this one supports nano-SIM cards.
- It has an SOS emergency call feature.
- The smartphone watch boasts of having a remote camera and remote voice monitor to ensure that your kid remains safe all the time.
- It comes with a fully functional GPS feature that allows you to know the exact location of your kid.
- The smartphone watch supports video calls and voice chats.
- It allows your kid to take fairly decent photos, thanks to its 2MP camera.
- Unlike other models, this one comes with a daily schedule, pedometer and alarm feature that enables you to set up your kid’s daily activity and thus make him or her more responsible.
7) HPHRE Airtag Watch Bands 2 Packs
Unlike other models, this one comes in 2 packs. Besides this, the model is compatible with Apple Airtag. Here are other features that make this model incredible:
- The model comes with a silicone protective cover with a strap holder. This feature makes it ideal for your kid as it will fit well on his or her wrist and will not hurt your kid.
- It is lightweight, and thus your kid will not feel fatigued even after wearing it the whole day.
- It comes with a high-performance positioning function.
- It comes with a highly elastic housing that makes it more durable. In case it falls, it will not break or get damaged.
- The model comes with anti-scratch properties.
- It can serve as a perfect gift for your kid, wife, or even the elderly at home.
8) LEMONCOVER Stress Relief Wristband
This is another reliable model to consider. The model is made of high-quality materials that will make it last long, besides, these materials are so soft and meant not to hurt your skin. The latter boasts of the following features:
- To start with, the model is made from a high-quality material that will not hurt your skin.
- Besides this, the material used to make it is eco-friendly and scratch-resistant.
- Since it is durable, the model can last for ages and still look new.
- The model is sweat-proof
- It is lightweight and compact, thus ideal for your kid.
- The model comes with an anti-lost location tracker that allows you to know the whereabouts of your kid or pet.
9) AirBud AirTag Wristband for Children
With this wristband, you can trust that your kids are well protected. The gadget is meant for kids but large enough to fit even adults. Besides, it comes with amazing features that make it worth investing in. It features the following:
- The wristband mentioned above comes with a protective watch band silicon case that won’t hurt your kid’s skin.
- It comes with an anti-locator feature that allows you to know the whereabouts of your kid at any given time.
- Unlike other models, this one is lightweight, and thus it is ideal for your kid.
- The silicone material used to make the watch is easy to clean. Besides this, it is scratch-resistant and durable.
10) iZi Way (2 Pack) Kids/Adults Anti-Lost Bracelet for AirTag
As its name suggests, this model comes in a pack of 2 tracking bracelets. Besides this, it can be worn by both kids and adults. Here are the other features that will mesmerize you:
- It is made of soft silicone material that is skin-friendly.
- It comes with a functioning GPS that enables you to locate your kid seamlessly
- Unlike other models, this one is waterproof and washable.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a GPS Tracker For Child
You must familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of GPS tracking before buying. This is regardless of whether you are searching for a GPS bracelet or a pocket-sized GPS tracker. The finest GPS tracker is comfortable and enjoyable for children to use. Besides, it should be long-lasting and precise in its data. Here are a few factors to consider.
Your kids may not be elite or exposed to some of the existing technology. So, when choosing a tracker, ensure that it is simple to use for both you and your kid. It should not obstruct their range of motion or cause them discomfort.
If the tracker is user-friendly, it makes the kid have an easy operation. This will make them easily contact you if they have a problem. The same applies to you as a parent. You have an easy time tracking your child.
2) Range of ages
Inquire about the appropriate age range for any tracker you are considering. Certain models have anti-tamper measures for older children. So, if you are normally concerned, they will remove it, get the ones that will suit the age of your kids.
The conscience of children is now developed like old people. Your children’s tracking bracelet should be tough enough to withstand careless handling. If possible, ensure the tracker has a rough casing to prevent it from destruction. Consider versions that are waterproof and can withstand puddles and spills as well. This will make your tracker serve the purpose you want for a good time.
GPS gadgets are not all manufactured uniformly. The point of connection differs between the 4G LTE and Bluetooth trackers. Those that use cellular 4G LTE may establish long connections if their children go out of state. But this is different from Bluetooth gadgets. These ones are normally designed for local proximity connections. So, before you buy, you need to factor out the mode of connection of the tracker.
5) Notifications and alerts
You need to get a gadget that allows customization. This is to prevent false alerts on your phone. Your gadget should be configurable so that you can check in on your children whenever you want.
The gadget should also support notification in case there is an issue. This will give you peace of mind even when the kid gets out of your sight.
6) Emergency button
Certain children’s GPS gadgets have a panic button. It allows your child to notify you when anything is wrong or they need help. So, before you buy a GPS tracker for your kid, ensure that it has an emergency button. This not only helps you but also your security in case something like an accident happens.
7) Communication in both directions
The best tracker should enable communication between you and your kid. A GPS tracker with this feature will enable you to communicate with your kid through the tracker. This is similar to an intercom. So, this is in order to inquire about their whereabouts or if they need help.
Children are more motivated to use their tracker when it has features such as games and step counts. After all, the gadget will be ineffective if your kid refuses to wear or use it. So, when getting a GPS tracker, ensure that it has some games for your kids. However, make sure the games are not too distracting for the child.
9) Tracking in real-time
This is the most critical feature if you need to know where your kid is. You may configure your tracker’s app to give you an updated position every minute. You can also configure it to give you to give updates at a certain time interval. So, ensure that the tracker is giving you updates every time. Besides, it should give you the correct details for the exact location. So, it is good to get an updated tracker for real-time updates.
Parents may look like hunting lions when they are in big congregations. This is because of the fear of losing contact with their kids. The same applies to parents with children in school and do not facilitate the coming and going of them. This needs them to have tools to help them track the well-being of their kids. That is why there are children’s GPS tracking bracelets.
This will help you track the location of the kid with others, and even give updates in case of danger. If you need a quality GPS tracker for your kid, follow the factors discussed above. This will help you get the right tracker for your kid as well as giving you peace of mind.