Investing in a Honeywell thermostat is one of the best investment decisions that you can ever make for your home. With this device in place, be sure that you will be able to regulate your home’s temperatures the way you please. Whether you are around your home or away at work, be sure that you will be able to command this device to regulate your home’s temperature through a touch of a button or a voice command. Since it works hand in hand with your HVAC, you can trust that your home’s temperatures will be regulated more effectively. If you have kids at home or you want to have the ultimate control of your device, you may want to lock your Honeywell thermostat. By locking it, it will be safe from interference even when you are away at the workplace. Although locking the thermostat is a good idea, sometimes, you may forget its unlock code and thus hinder you from changing its settings. Since this might be inconveniencing to many homeowners, there is a need for you to know how to unlock a Honeywell thermostat today. This article will outline how you can unlock this device, alongside other related ideas:
Reasons Why You Should Lock Your Thermostat
Before we delve into how you can unlock your thermostat, there is a need for you to know the various reasons why you should lock your thermostat. Just like your phone or laptop, you should always lock this device. By locking the thermostat, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
1) Prevents accidental temperatures changes in your home
If you have many members in your home, chances of accidental temperatures changes in your home are very high. This is because a kid or any other adult can alter these settings on the go.
Worse still, an intruder can also alter the thermostat settings in your home and thus cause accidental changes in your home’s temperature. To keep such incidences at bay, you should always lock your thermostat.
2) Allows you to find your home at the desired temperature you set it
Sometimes, you might be away at work and you want to either cool or warm your home’s temperature by certain degrees. All you have to do is to set this temperature using your mobile device and the thermostat will either signal the HVAC to warm or cool your home depending on your preference. If your thermostat is locked, you are the only one who can make those changes. Therefore, you will be able to find your home at the desired temperatures and thus enjoy more comfort.
3) Extend the lifespan of your heating and cooling appliances
Over time, the heating and cooling appliances may fail to perform optimally due to a number of reasons. One of these reasons is for such occurrences is the frequent changes of temperatures. As long as anybody can access your thermostat and manipulate it, it will keep on changing the temperatures every now and then.
If this trend is unchecked, chances of your appliances getting damaged are very high. To avert such scenarios, you should lock your thermostat so that only authorized individuals, such as you, have access to the thermostat.
4) Ideal for homeowners with kids
It is no secret that kids can be notorious when you are not around. For instance, they can choose to ply or even treat the thermostat as a toy and thereby change the temperature settings unawares.
This is not right as your home’s temperature may either get too hot or too cold for your liking. To keep such incidences at bay, you should lock the thermostat so that your kids cannot change the temperature settings without your consent.
5) Saves on costs
Frequent changes in temperature can make your energy bills to go high. This is the reason why you should ensure that a certain room temperature is maintained for several hours. If you have not locked the thermostat, chances of your energy bills escalating are very high. To lower these bills, you should lock the thermostat so that you are the only person who can alter your house’s temperatures at a given time period.
Different Honeywell Thermostat Lock Modes
Since we have looked at the various reasons that can prompt you to lock your thermostat, time is ripe for you to know the various options for locking your thermostat’s keypad. Typically, you will be able to access various types of lock modes once you click the menu section of your thermostat. The following are the 3 types of lock settings that you configure your device with:
1) Full Mode
Just as the name suggests, this feature locks the thermostat completely. With this feature in place, you cannot change any setting until you enter the right PIN. Once you enter this PIN, be sure that you will be able to enjoy the full functionality of your device, until it is locked again. When this feature is activated, it will appear as “On” on your thermostat.
This feature is ideal for people who leave their thermostats on schedule. Better still, if you do not change your home’s temperatures often, this feature is suitable for you.
2) Partial Mode
Unlike the full lock mode, this one does not fully lock the thermostat. This means that you will be at liberty to enjoy partial access to your device. To put this into perspective, you will only be able to change the temperature of your thermostat.
When it comes to the other settings, be sure that you will not be able to access them as you would wish. The only time you will be able to access them is when you enter the right PIN. This mode is ideal for those who have not scheduled their thermostats and would like to set the temperature manually.
3) Off mode
If you activate this mode, your device will not be locked. Therefore, anyone can adjust the temperature settings the way he or she pleases. Besides this, the user will be able to manipulate other settings as he or she desires. When this mode is on, you will see the ‘Off’ text on your thermostat.
How To Unlock Different Honeywell Thermostats
Since you know the various lock modes of your thermostat, it is now important that you know how you can unlock the Honeywell thermostat. Different Honeywell thermostats will have different unlock procedures. In this section, we shall discuss how to unlock models such as the:
- T6 Pro Series Thermostat
- T6 Pro Series Thermostat
- T4 Pro Programmable Thermostat
- Honeywell 8000 Series Thermostat
- VisionPRO TH8321WF and VisionPRO Series with RedLink models
Here are the guidelines that can help you unlock each of these models. However, before we outline the unlock procedure for each of the above-mentioned models, it is important that you know how you can unlock Honeywell thermostat: Every Thermostat Series
How To Unlock Honeywell Thermostat: Every Thermostat Series
- Go to your device’s screen and then tap on the ‘Menu’ option.
- Thereafter, tap on the +/- buttons so that you can navigate to the ‘Lock’ setting.
- Click on the ‘Select’ button.
- Tap on the +/- buttons and then choose your lock mode.
- Click on the ‘Select’ option in order to confirm your lock mode.
- By doing so, you will have either locked your device fully or partially. However, this depends on the lock mode you choose in step 4.
How To Unlock The T6 Pro Series Thermostat
If you own the above-mentioned model, your PIN will be a 4-digit number. Typically, this PIN can be likened to that of your debit or credit card. Just like any other PIN, you may forget one of the digits that comprise the PIN and thus hinder you from changing your thermostat’s settings. Such is very common if you do not utilize your thermostat regularly.
Other times, someone might have changed the lock configuration setting of your thermostat without your consent and thus inconvenience you whenever you want to change the thermostat’s settings. If you want to unlock this model, you should follow this procedure:
- First and foremost, remove the faceplate of your thermostat
- Thereafter, go to the top right side of your thermostat and then try to locate a 4 digit number.
- Since most T4 Pro thermostats normally use a 1234 PIN sequence, add it to the 4 digit code that you will find there.
- Once you add that 4-digit PIN, there will be a number left on your thermostat’s screen. This number will be the PIN of your thermostat
- With this PIN at hand, you can now press the unlock button, located at the center of your device.
- Enter the PIN and then press the +/- keys in order to change the numbers that have been selected.
- Once you are done, click on the ‘Select’ option in order to set that number as the PIN.
- Repeat the 7th and 8th step until all the 4 digits have been keyed in correctly.
- Once you are done, be sure that you will be able to unlock the thermostat. Thereafter, you will be at liberty to adjust the temperature settings as well as the general settings of your device.
How To Unlock The T4 Pro Programmable Thermostat
If you have the T4 programmable thermostat, you should consider following these steps in order to unlock your device:
- First and foremost, locate the ‘Unlock’ button on your device
- Key in ‘1234’ which is the default password for most models.
- Thereafter, click on the +/- keys that you will find on the display so as to change between the selected digits.
- Once you are done, press the ‘Select’ option so as to choose the correct number.
- Repeat the 2nd and 3rd step until the 4 digit code has been entered in the right order
- By carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to unlock your device and thus be able to change the thermostat settings the way you want.
How To Unlock The T6 Pro Series Smart Thermostat
The process of unlocking the T6 Pro Series Smart thermostat is largely easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Locate the unlock button on your device
- Key in the 1234 default PIN number
- Tap on the +/- buttons in order to alter the digits on the screen
- Press on the ‘Select’ button in order to confirm the number
- Repeat the 2nd and 3rd step until all the digit are correctly entered.
- Once you are done, you will have managed to unlock this model and thus be able to make the necessary temperature and general adjustment the way you please.
How To Unlock The VisionPRO TH8321WF And VisionPRO Series With RedLink Models
Unlike the previous models, these ones require you to follow a different procedure for you to unlock them. To put this into perspective, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Locate the ‘Menu’ button on your device and then press
- Thereafter, use the arrow buttons on your thermostat to navigate to the Security settings
- Press the ‘Select’ button and then key in the password using the arrow buttons
- Once you key in the password, press the ‘Done’ button.
How To Unlock The Honeywell 8000 Series Thermostat
To unlock this model, you should follow this procedure:
- Press the ‘Auto’ and ‘System’ options simultaneously
- After that, click and hold the blank key. Typically, you can find this key at the bottom of your screen. For optimal results, tap and hold that key until your device’s display changes.
- Once you are done, time is ripe for you to change the digits that will appear on your device’s left side. Ensure that you adjust them to “0670”. Here, you can readily use the up and down keys present on the middle of the screen.
- Using the up and down keys, change the digit on the right side such that it reads ‘0’,
- Once you are done, click on the ‘Done’ button and you will have managed to unlock the Honeywell 8000 series thermostat.
From the article above, we have established that one can now lock the thermostat so that he or she can be the only person with access to its settings. However, this depends on the lock mode configuration settings that you have chosen for your model. Assuming you have forgotten your PIN or your kid has locked the thermostat unawares, you can now unlock it by following the above-mentioned procedure. Depending on the thermostat model you have at home, the steps outlined above can help you to get started. Consequently, you will have the luxury of changing the temperature setting as well as the general settings of your thermostat.