Have you just relocated to a new locality due to work-related issues and found a new house to live in? There are many factors that you should consider.
First and foremost, you should aim at optimizing the security of your house. One way to do this is to install a Ring Doorbell.
Unlike other security apparatus you may have at home, this one allows you to know who is visiting your home even when you are away.
Besides this, it can help you establish the number of deliveries that were made in your home even when you are miles away from your home.
Since it can be controlled remotely through a voice command or a touch of a button, it has become a convenient device for many homeowners.
If your new house has a pre-installed Ring doorbell, you do not have to purchase a new one. All you need to do is to change the previous user settings of this device and then configure it with your mobile device.
In this article, we shall take a closer look at how to connect Ring Doorbell that is already installed, alongside other related ideas.
Steps On How To Connect Ring Doorbell That Is Already Installed
Like we have mentioned above, it is now possible to connect to a Ring Doorbell that is already installed. However, there is a series of steps that you should follow.
In the subsequent section, we shall take an in-depth look at the various steps that you should undertake so that you can fully be in control of your Ring Doorbell.
Some of these steps include:
1) Ask the previous house owner to disconnect from the Ring Doorbell
If you just moved to a new house or apartment and found an existing Ring Doorbell, count yourself lucky as this device is pricy out there.
However, for you to start using it, you will be required to get in touch with the previous owner first.
By reaching out to the previous owner you will be able to ask for access to it and thus be able to operate it in the long run.
When it comes to how you can reach out to the previous owner, be sure that there are an array of options you can consider. For instance, you can consider calling him or her on phone or sending them an email.
Better still, if you know his geographical location, you can visit him and ask him to remove the Ring Doorbell from their account using the Ring app.
In case the previous owner does not know how to remove the Ring Doorbell from their account using the Ring Appeared is a procedure that can help him or her to get started:
- First and foremost, launch the Ring app
- Once you open the app, click the 3 dots you will see on the top left side of your screen
- Choose the ‘Devices’ option
- Thereafter, choose the ‘Ring Doorbell’ option.
- Navigate to the device settings and then click on the ‘General setting’ option
- Click on the ‘Remove this device’ option.
In case the previous owner had already uninstalled the app, you can advise him or her to download the app again and then follow the above-mentioned procedure.
This is because uninstalling the app does not mean that the Ring Doorbell has automatically been unpaired with the user’s account.
One has to follow the above-mentioned procedure for the Ring Doorbell to be disconnected from the previous owner’s account.
2) Contact the Ring Customer service team, in case the previous owner is not responsive
Sometimes, you may tried to reach out to the previous owner to no avail. In such circumstances, it important that you contact Ring’s customer service.
By contacting Ring’s customer support team, they will be able to contact the previous owner through an email.
In case, the owner does not respond, you will be asked for a proof of purchase as well as the MAC ID on your device. With these details in place, you will be able to be guided on what to do.
3) Reset the device manually
Besides the above-mentioned steps, you can consider resetting the device. By resetting the device, you will be erasing the existing data and setting that were initially configured on the device by the owner.
To reset this device, you should first unmount and then unscrew the device from the wall of your house. Upon unmounting the Ring device, follow these steps in order to get started:
- Remove the backplate of the doorbell
- Once you remove the backplate of your device, you will be able to see an orange button. Typically, this is the reset button.
- Press and hold the button for about 20 seconds and then release it. Once you release the button, the front of your Ring device will start flashing. This tells you that your device is undergoing the reset process.
- For optimal results, wait for the reset process to complete before you set the device with your account using the Ring app.
4) Charge the battery of your device
Before you start the actual setup process, there is a need for you to charge your battery fully. When charging the device, you should use the orange cable that came with the device and then plug it to a power source.
Overtime, your device’s battery will be fully charged. You can know that your device has fully charged when the green LED light starts blinking.
Once the battery is fully charged, you can now go ahead and set the device up with your account using the Ring app. Depending on your device’s model, different procedures may apply.
In the subsequent sections, we shall take a closer look at how to set up a first generation Ring doorbell and a second generation Ring Doorbell.
If the already existing Ring Doorbell is a first generation model, here is the procedure that you should follow:
- First and foremost, download the Ring app on your mobile device
- Once you download the app, launch it on the go. In case you are a new user, consider creating an account first. The good news is that the process of creating an account is easy and straightforward. Here, you just need to click the ‘Create Account’ option on the app and the follow the prompts that you will see on your screen.
- However, if you have an existing account, just key in your log in details and then click on the ‘Set up a device’ option that you will see on your screen.
- Choose the ‘Doorbells’ option and then provide the location details on your app and then go ahead to name the device.
- Once you are done, press the orange button located at the back of your device.
- After pressing the reset button, a white light will start spinning in front of the device. This shows that the setup process is right on course
- Using the Ring’s temporary Wi-Fi access point, go ahead and connect the Ring device with the Ring app.
- Connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network using the Ring app and then press the front button of your Ring device. By doing so, you will be able to test whether your device is working or not.
In case you normally want to set up a 2nd generation Ring Doorbell, the setup process is more or less like that of the first generation model.
However, the only difference is on the battery section. Remember that 2nd generation Ring Doorbells has a removable battery.
Therefore, you will be at liberty to detach it from the device anytime you want to charge it. Besides this, the battery is usually placed below the front plate.
Here are the steps that can help you set up a Ring Doorbell belonging to this generation:
- To start with, charge the battery using the orange USB cable
- Once the battery is fully charged, open the faceplate and then insert the battery.
- If you have inserted the batteries well, you will hear a click sound. Once you hear this, switch on your device and wait for it to boot up.
- Thereafter, download the Ring app on your mobile device.
- Open this app and then log in with your details. In case you are a new user, consider clicking the ‘Create account’ option and then follow the prompts that you will see on your screen.
- Once you log in, click on the ‘Set up a device’ option.
- Choose the ‘Doorbells’ option and then provide the location details on your app. Name your device as well and then proceed to the next step.
- Press the orange button and you will see the white light spinning. This shows that the setup process is on course.
- Using the Ring’s temporary Wi-Fi access point, connect your device to your Ring app
- Connect the app to your home’s Wi-Fi network and then press the front button of your Ring device. Here, you will be able to test the Ring device and be able to establish whether it works or not.
5) Update your Ring Doorbell’s firmware
Once you have confirmed that your Ring Doorbell is connected, time is ripe for you update its firmware. By doing so, you will be able to get the latest security updates every now and then.
Besides this, doing so might enable you enjoy some incredible features and thus improve the overall functionality of your device.
To update the firmware of your device, you should follow these steps:
- Launch the Ring app
- Click on the 3 dots that you will see on the top left side of your screen
- Choose the ‘Ring Doorbell’ option
- Navigate to the ‘Device health’ option
- Scroll to the ‘Device details’ option and then click the ‘Firmware’ option.
- Click on the ‘Update’ option and your device’s firmware will be updated.
6) Configure your preferences in the Ring app
By now, your Ring Doorbell is fully functional. However, you need to personalize the device settings to suit your preferences.
By making these adjustments, you can adjust vital settings such as the lengths of video recordings, among others.
You can also make adjustments on features such as the snapshot capture. Once you visit the ‘device settings’ be sure that you will make these adjustments on the go.
Finally, you can subscribe to a Ring Protect plan so as to boost your home’s security.
By subscribing to the Ring Protect plan, be sure that you will be able to enjoy incredible features such as the round-the-clock professional monitoring, extended warranties on the product, people only mode and so much more.
Reasons why you may not connect to a Ring Doorbell that is already installed
Although you may be able to connect to a Ring Doorbell that is already installed, there are other instances when you might experience some hiccups during the entire process.
Some of the reasons that might hinder you from making the much-needed connection include:
- Your Ring doorbell is faulty
- Your home’s Wi-Fi is far away from the Ring Doorbell
- Your modem is faulty.
Should you cancel the payment plan of the previous owner?
Yes. Once you move to a new house that already has a Ring Doorbell, you should not only change the account linked to the device but also change the payment plan.
By changing the payment plan, you will ensure that the existing payment details are not by any means tied to the previous owner.
Here are the steps that can help you change the payment details of your device:
- Open the web browser and then visit the official Ring’s website.
- Once you are the Ring’s site, click on the login link that you will see at the top right corner of the web page
- Log in with your details
- Once you are logged in, you will see the account holder’s name at the top right corner of the web page.
- Go to the ‘Account’ section and then press the ‘X’ symbol you will find near the credit card details so as to delete or cancel the payment details of the previous owner.
- Key in your details of your credit card. By doing so, you will be sure that the billing is strictly under your name.
The good news is that you can carry out this process using either your computer, laptop or smartphone. By making the above-mentioned changes, the previous owner will not be charged for your own usage.
Moving to a new home or apartment that already has a Ring Doorbell is the desire of every homeowner. This is because you will not have to purchase this device once again.
However, for you to utilize the device, you have to reach out to the previous owner and then ask him to remove the device from his or her Ring account.
If he is not available, you can reset the device or contact the Ring’s customer support for help. Thereafter, you will be able to link your account to the device and then setup your device as illustrated above.
Whether you have the 1st generation model or 2nd generation model, follow the steps outlined above and you will be able to control the pre-installed Ring device on the go.