With the rising cases of burglary and theft, there is a need for you to optimize the security of your home.
When it comes to boosting your home’s security, there are many devices that can help you get started. From installing alarm system to installing CCTV cameras, there are a myriad of methods that can help you get started.
However, installing Ring Doorbell 2 has proved to be one of the most effective ways of keeping burglars, thieves and intruders at bay.
Besides this, it comes with other incredible features such as wide-angle camera lens, motion sensors, weather-resistance and many more.
Since this device needs an internet connection for it to work, all you need to do is to connect to your home’s Wi-Fi and be able to get video footages as well as notification anytime someone approaches your door.
Although your Ring Doorbell might be working optimally in the recent months or years, sometimes, it might start being slow in its operations. Instead of having to replace the entire gadget, you should instead reset it.
In this article, we shall take a closer look at how to reset Ring Doorbell 2 effortlessly, among other related facets.
Reasons: How To Reset Ring Doorbell 2
Resetting a Ring Doorbell 2 is not something that you can just wake up and decide to execute. In most cases, you will be prompted to do so due to a number of reasons.
Some of the reasons that can make you reset your Ring Doorbell 2 include:
1) When you want the Ring Doorbell 2 to get out of the Setup mode
During the initial set up process, this device will prompt you to put it into the Setup mode. With this mode activated, you will have an easy time connecting this device with your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Once you connect the Ring Doorbell to your home’s Wi-Fi network, you will be able to enjoy its benefits on the go.
Typically, once it is connected to the network, the device should readily get out of the Setup mode.
However, this is not always the case as the device might fail to get out of that mode. If this happens, you may have to reset it and then program it afresh.
2) When you want to fix connectivity issues
Just like other devices, the Ring Doorbell is not immune to diagnostic issues. Sometimes, it can malfunction when you least expect.
Although there are some methods that can help you to troubleshoot these issues, some of them might not be fruitful as expected.
As a result, the only remaining remedy is to reset the Ring Doorbell 2.By doing so, you will be able to get of troublesome bugs that might be making the device not to perform optimally.
Once you change its configuration settings back to the factory settings, the device may start working well.
3) If you want to clear data before selling the device
Sometimes, you may want to update to a better model and thus might have to part with the older one.
In this case, you have to clear the data that was present before you sell it to an interested buyer out there.
Typically, resetting goes a long way in clearing any private data that might be present on the device.
How To Factory Reset Your Ring Doorbell 2
Since you know some of the reasons that can make you reset your Ring Doorbell 2, it is time that you know how you can reset the device.
However, before you perform the hard reset, consider factory resetting the device first. The good news is that factory resetting process is more convenient and usually take less time.
Here are the steps to get started:
- Go to the Ring App on your mobile device and then launch it.
- Once you open the app, navigate to the section where you will see a list of all the available devices in your home. Here, you should choose the Ring Doorbell 2 device in your home.
- Thereafter, scroll to the ‘Settings’ icon located at the top right side of your screen. Tap it and then choose the ‘Remove Device’ option on the drop menu that will appear on your screen.
- A dialogue box will pop up on your screen. Choose the ‘Delete’ option and you will have managed to remove the Ring Doorbell 2 from the Ring App on your mobile device.
Once you have completed the factory resetting process, you can now go ahead and initiate the set up process again.
Here, you will try to link the Ring App and then Ring Doorbell 2 and see if the device will work well.
If you experience issues with the Ring App, you can try to delete it and then install it afresh on your mobile device or tablet.
How To Reset Your Ring Doorbell 2
If the factory reset method fails to solve the diagnostic issues with your Ring Doorbell 2, the next step is to factory reset it.
Moreso, if you cannot access your Ring App, you will have no other alternative other than hard resetting the Ring Doorbell 2
However, before you factory reset your Ring Doorbell 2,you need to ensure that the device is fully charged.
Once the device is charged to its full capacity, you can go ahead with the following steps:
- First and foremost, remove the faceplate from the Ring Doorbell 2 by unscrewing the safety screws. For optimal results, you should use a screwdriver to get the job done.
- Check and see if you will be able to spot a black button. The good news is that this button does not look like the other buttons. Typically, this is the reset button.
- Once you locate it, press and then hold the button for about 15 seconds or thereabout.
- The moment you release that button, the Ring Doorbell 2 will flash a certain light for a few seconds. This is a clear indication that that the device has restarted successfully.
Having managed to restart your device, you will be required to put it in the Setup mode so that you can connect it to the Wi-Fi network of your home.
To perform this task, you need to press the black reset button again and you will be good to go.
Once the device has connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network, you can now return the faceplate carefully and start enjoying the benefits of this device.
Performing a hard reset should be the last approach to consider whenever your Ring Doorbell is encountering connectivity problems among other related issues.
Unless you are planning to sell the device, you can consider factory resetting it first and see how it goes. If the problem persists, you will have no other alternative but to hard reset it.
Once you hard reset it, you can initiate the set up process and connect it with your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Consequently, the device will start working optimally and thus allow boost your home’s security on the go.